8 Sentosa Gateway
Resorts World Sentosa
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
The First World Congress on Maritime Heritage will chart new ground and create a string of tangible and intangible benefits that flow from this first ever gathering. At the very least the Congress will:
• Promote the interests and value of maritime industries;
• Enhance the attention, visitation, and interests of maritime museums, historic places, and heritage organizations;
• Result in new cross-sector relationships and partnerships;
• Serve as a vehicle for international organizations to better connect communities by demonstrating their historic maritime relationships;
• Illustrate how better understanding our past through the lens of Maritime Heritage will help the world better navigate the future; and
• Reveal heretofore-unknown connections among participants and their past.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
As planning goes forward, the agenda of the Congress will be comprised of:
• A combination of plenary, thematic, regional sessions and interactive forums conduct- ed over 3 days;
• Formal papers solicited to provide context and provoke discussion across stakehold- er areas, thematic crosscut topics, and regional perspectives from around the world. A volume of proceedings will be published;
• Keynote speakers on selected maritime themes invited to address the Congress at ple- nary sessions;
• “Sponsor” created events or sessions
• Live streaming of plenary and sessions.
• An active communications/media program throughout the congress.
The final agenda and plan for the Congress will be highly influence by discussions with participants, knowledgeable practitioners, and sponsors as the organizers themselves learn more about content opportunities and the most important connections to bring into the Congress
The First World Congress on Maritime Heritage will chart new ground and create a string of tangible and intangible benefits that flow from this first ever gathering.
The Government of the Sultanate of Oman
Eastern Art Holdings Pte. Ltd.
International Commerce and Global Economy Issues Presentation
DNV GL is a global quality assurance and risk management company. Driven by our purpose of safeguarding life, property and the environment, we enable our customers to advance the safety and sustainability of their business.
We provide classification, technical assurance, software and independent expert advisory services to the maritime, oil & gas, power and renewables industries. We also provide certification, supply chain and data management services to customers across a wide range of industries.
Combining technical, digital and operational expertise, risk methodology and in-depth industry knowledge, we empower our customers’ decisions and actions with trust and confidence. We continuously invest in research and collaborative innovation to provide customers and society with operational and technological foresight.
With origins stretching back to 1864 and operations in more than 100 countries, our experts are dedicated to helping customers make the world safer, smarter and greener.
DNV GL is the world’s leading classification society and a recognized advisor for the maritime industry. We enhance safety, quality, energy efficiency and environmental performance of the global shipping industry – across all vessel types and offshore structures. We invest heavily in research and development to find solutions, together with the industry, that address strategic, operational or regulatory challenges.
The Ocean as the Pathway to International Commerce and the Global Economy
Since its foundation in 1828, the Bureau Veritas Group has consistently built recognized expertise, helping clients comply with standards and regulations relating to Quality, Health & Safety, Environment and Social Responsibility.
The Group's network of regional and local offices manages client relationship and delivers a comprehensive range of services including inspection, testing, auditing, certification, ship classification and related technical assistance, training and outsourcing. When appropriate, Bureau Veritas also provides advisory services.
Large and small organizations, whether private or public, can rely on Bureau Veritas to support them in protecting their respective brands, assets and business. We play a key role in both risk management and performance improvement.
Bureau Veritas deploys multidisciplinary skills from over 70,000 employees in over 1,400 offices and laboratories worldwide.
The Ocean as the Pathway to a Sustainable Future
We started out in 1760 as a marine classification society. Today, we’re one of the world’s leading providers of professional services for engineering and technology – improving safety and increasing the performance of critical infrastructures for clients in over 75 countries worldwide.
The profits we generate fund the Lloyd’s Register Foundation, a charity which supports engineering-related research, education and public engagement around everything we do. All of this helps us stand by the purpose that drives us every single day: Working together for a safer world.