8 Sentosa Gateway
Resorts World Sentosa
BENEFITS OF ATTENDING
The First World Congress on Maritime Heritage will chart new ground and create a string of tangible and intangible benefits that flow from this first ever gathering. At the very least the Congress will:
• Promote the interests and value of maritime industries;
• Enhance the attention, visitation, and interests of maritime museums, historic places, and heritage organizations;
• Result in new cross-sector relationships and partnerships;
• Serve as a vehicle for international organizations to better connect communities by demonstrating their historic maritime relationships;
• Illustrate how better understanding our past through the lens of Maritime Heritage will help the world better navigate the future; and
• Reveal heretofore-unknown connections among participants and their past.
HOW WILL IT WORK?
As planning goes forward, the agenda of the Congress will be comprised of:
• A combination of plenary, thematic, regional sessions and interactive forums conduct- ed over 3 days;
• Formal papers solicited to provide context and provoke discussion across stakehold- er areas, thematic crosscut topics, and regional perspectives from around the world. A volume of proceedings will be published;
• Keynote speakers on selected maritime themes invited to address the Congress at ple- nary sessions;
• “Sponsor” created events or sessions
• Live streaming of plenary and sessions.
• An active communications/media program throughout the congress.
The final agenda and plan for the Congress will be highly influence by discussions with participants, knowledgeable practitioners, and sponsors as the organizers themselves learn more about content opportunities and the most important connections to bring into the Congress
The First World Congress on Maritime Heritage will chart new ground and create a string of tangible and intangible benefits that flow from this first ever gathering.